In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful Announcement Concerning: The Crescent Moon of…
In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
The Crescent Moon of the Month of Ramadhan, 1437To the respected believers in North America, Peace be upon you. The Moon-Sighting Committee of the Council of Shia Muslim Scholars in North America announces that Monday, June 6th, 2016, is the last day of Sha’ban, 1437 A.H. and that Tuesday, June 7th, 2016, will be the first day of the holy month of Ramadhan, 1437 A.H. for the entire region of North America. This determination is based on the fact that there were no verified sightings of the crescent moon by the naked eye at sunset on Sunday, June 5th, 2016, in any region of North America. We ask Allah (swt) for success in performing good deeds and hasten the Return of Our Master, Imam Mahdi (ajfs). Important Islamic events in this month:
|6 Ramadhan||(June 12):||Allegiance to Imam Ali al-Ridha (as), (201 A.H.)|
|10 Ramadhan||(June 16):||Death of Lady Khadijah (as), (3 B.H.)|
|12 Ramadhan||(June 18):||Welcoming of the Muslims in Madinah, (1 A.H.)|
|15 Ramadhan||(June 21):||Birthday of Imam al-Hasan ibn Ali (as), (2 A.H.)|
|17 Ramadhan||(June 23):||The Battle of Badr, (2 A.H.)|
|19 Ramadhan||(June 25):||Attack on Imam Ali (as) in Masjid al-Kufa, (40 A.H.); 1st Observance of Night of Destiny (Laylatul Qadr) - Starts on the evening of Friday, June 24th|
|20 Ramadhan||(June 26):||The Conquest of Mecca by the Muslims, (8 A.H.)|
|21 Ramadhan||(June 27):||Martyrdom of Imam Ali (as) in Kufa, Iraq, (40 A.H.); 2nd Observance of Night of Destiny (Laylatul Qadr) - Starts on the evening of Sunday, June 26th|
|23 Ramadhan||(June 29):||3rd (Final) Observance of Night of Destiny (Laylatul Qadr) - Starts on the evening of Tuesday, June 28th|
- Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi, Toronto, Canada.
- Shaykh Fadhil al-Sahlani, New York, NY.
- Sayyid Mahboob Mehdi Abedi, Chicago, IL.
- Shaykh Muhammed Ja’far Banglori, Miami, FL.
- Shaykh Sabah al-Ebadi, Vancouver, Canada.
The Moon-Sighting CommitteeThe Moon-Sighting Committee was established in 2007 by The Council of Shia Muslim Scholars of North America, which annually selects new members to serve on its behalf. It has offered its services to the believers in North America every month since. The current committee was appointed at the Fifteenth Conference of The Council of Shia Muslim Scholars of North America held in Chicago in August 2015.
- Click here to read an important statement about Fajr Time & the Ruling on Prayer-Time Apps
- Click here to learn how you can gain what the Holy Prophet (as) promised before you miss the opportunity: Feeding the needy, fasting people.
- Click here to get your copy of a brand new book on the Islamic Laws of Fasting, an excellent gift for your friends, family, and children.