In the Name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
The Crescent Moon of the Month of Rabi al-Akhir, 1443 A.H.
اضغط هنا لملاحظة بيان هلال شهر ربيع الآخر ١٤٤٣ هـ
To the respected believers in North America,
Peace be upon you.
The Moon-Sighting Committee of the Council of Shia Muslim Scholars of North America announces that the first day of the month of Rabi al-Akhir, 1443 A.H. will be:
This determination is based on the fact that there were verified sightings of the crescent moon by the naked eye at sunset on Friday, November 5th, 2021, in Houston, Texas.
We ask God, the Most High, for success in performing good deeds and to hasten the Return of Our Master, Imam Mahdi (p).
On behalf of the Crescent Committee,
Sayyid M. Rizvi, Secretary-General
- Saturday, November 6th, 2021, for all areas under the orange and red curves in this diagram, from Richmond, Virginia going towards Indianapolis, Omaha, Casper, Idaho Falls, ending at Corvallis (Oregon).
- Sunday, November 7th, 2021, for the rest of North America.
Important Islamic Events this Month:
- 8 Rabi al-Akhir: Birth of Imam Hasan al-Askari (p), 232 A.H.
- 10 Rabi al-Akhir: Death of Lady Masooma, sister of Imam al-Rida (p), in Qom (Year 201 A.H.)
Note: This announcement from the Crescent Committee is per the request of numerous community members across North America to help in identifying the beginning of the Hijri months.
The Moon-Sighting Committee was established during the seventh annual conference of The Council of Shia Muslim Scholars of North America, and has been providing monthly sighting announcements to the North American Shia Muslim communities since 2007. The Council adopts/renews its members on an annual basis.
- To learn about our basis for determining the beginning of lunar months and the theory about the unity of horizons, click here.
- To read Frequently Asked Questions about the Announcements of the Crescent Committee, click here.