In the Name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful The Crescent Moon of the Month…
In the Name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
The Crescent Moon of the Month of Rajab, 1443 A.H.
To the respected believers in North America,Peace be upon you. The Moon-Sighting Committee of the Council of Shia Muslim Scholars of North America announces that Thursday, February 3rd, 2022 will be the first day of the month of Rajab, 1443 A.H. for the entire region of North America. This determination is based on the fact that there were no verified sightings of the crescent moon by the naked eye at sunset on Tuesday, February 1st, 2022 in any region of North America. Therefore, Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022 will be the last day of Jumada al-Akhira. We ask God, the Most High, for success in performing good deeds and to hasten the Return of Our Master, Imam Mahdi (p). On behalf of the Crescent Committee, Sayyid M. Rizvi, Secretary-General
Important Islamic Events this Month: (Click here for a note about varying dates for Islamic events)
- 1 Rajab (Feb. 3): Birth of Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (p), 57 A.H.
- 2 Rajab (Feb. 4): Birth of Imam Ali al-Hadi (p), 212 A.H.
- 3 Rajab (Feb. 5): Martyrdom of Imam Ali al-Hadi (p), 254 A.H.
- 10 Rajab (Feb. 12): Birth of Imam Muhammad al-Jawad (p), 195 A.H.
- 13 Rajab (Feb. 15): Birth of Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (p), 23 B.H.
- 15 Rajab (Feb. 17): Death of Sayyida Zaynab bint Ali (p), 62 A.H.
- 25 Rajab (Feb. 27): Martyrdom of Imam Musa al-Kadhim (p), 183 A.H.
- 27 Rajab (Mar. 1): Day of Mabath, 13 B.H.
- This announcement from the Crescent Committee is per the request of numerous community members across North America to help in identifying the beginning of the Hijri months.
- To learn about our basis for determining the beginning of lunar months and the theory about the unity of horizons, click here.
- To read Frequently Asked Questions about the Announcements of the Crescent Committee, click here.